This article describes the steps to follow if you want to move your database to a new computer.
- Install the MariaDB database server on the new computer that will host the database. You can download the database server setup file from here: https://downloads.vinitysoft.com/apps/vsoft_server_mariadb.exe
This will install the MariaDB database server as well as a demo database.
- Log to your old database server computer or any other client computer that is connected to the curent database and make a backup copy of your database so you can restore it to your new database server at a next step. Use this menu to make a backup copy of your database:
A database backup file (.sql) will be created.
- Now you will have to update the name of the server computer associated with your account. To do so, go to "General - Account Details", click the "Update" button at the right of the "Server" line and follow the instructions:
- You will be asked to enter the password associated with your account then you will have to type the name or IP of the computer on which you installed the MariaDB database server at step 1:
The port should keep it's default value (3307). Click "OK" then follow the steps until Vehicle Fleet Manager 5.0 closes.
- Restart Vehicle Fleet Manager 5.0, type in the credentials associated with your account and validate:
- Finally, restore the database backup you made at step 2 using this menu: