Fleet Manager Mobile pulls Recalls from the NHTSA, which only includes Recalls issued in the U.S.
Recalls can have a big impact on your fleet and Fleet Manager Mobile can help you stay on top of it, minimizing downtime and facilitating resolution.
So Fleet Manager Mobile will perform a daily check for new recalls on your fleet, based on the Year, Make and Model of your vehicles. When a new match is found, recalls are automatically created for the affected vehicle(s). Those new recalls are set to "Needs Action" status and they appear in your Dashboard here :
- Recalls are matched to your vehicle based on Year, Make and Model. You may see recalls which do not match other specifications for your Vehicle, which include trim, place of manufacture, exact date of manufacture, production run, and more. Defects could also have been addressed by a previous owner.
- Be sure to enter your VIN in the NHTSA Search to verify Recalls which apply to your exact Vehicle.
View Recalls List
While you can access the list of Recalls of your whole fleet from the main menu here...:
...it's often easier to work from the list of Recalls of a single vehicle. You can access the Recalls of a vehicle through the Details of the vehicle. To access the Details of a vehicle...
Then access the list of Recalls from here:
The Recall list will look like this :
Here is a description of the different columns available in the Recall list:
- Vehicle: The vehicle affected by the recall.
- Summary: The component(s) affected followed by a description of the safety risk associated with the recall.
- Issued: The date this recall was issued by the NHTSA.
- Status: The current status of the recall (this is determined by you, this is not an info that is available from NHTSA). Four possible statuses are:
- Needs Action: The initial status of a new recall after it's creation. When a recall is in this status, it appears in the Dashboard. From this status, possible actions are: "Create Issue" or "Acknowledge".
- Open Issue: A recall is in this status when an issue has already been created for the recall. You can see that under the "Open Issue" yellow label there is a "Show Issue" link. Just click this link to quickly access the related issue. No action is available when a recall is in "Open Issue" status. When the issue is resolved, the recall will automatically change to "Resolved Issue" status. See the Issues Overview article to learn how to resolve an issue.
- Acknowledged: You can set the status of a recall to "Acknowledge" when it's in "Needs Action" status only. "Acknowledged" status is used when you dont want to see the recall in the Dashboard but dont need to create an issue for it.
- Resolved Issue: A recall is automatically set to "Resolved Issue" status when the Issue associated with it is resolved. See the Issues Overview article to learn how to resolve an issue.
- Action: Possible actions for a recall are:
- Acknowledge: Available when the Recall is in "Needs Action" status only.
- Create Issue: Available when the Recall is in "Needs Action" status only.
- Mark as Needs Action: Available when the Recall is in "Acknowledged" status only.
View Recall Detail
It is important to note, as mentioned in the callout above, that Fleet Manager Mobile matches Recalls to vehicles based on Year, Make and Model. You may receive Recall notifications which do not match other specifications for your Vehicle, which include trim, place of manufacture, exact date of manufacture, production run, and more. Defects could also have been addressed by a previous owner.
To view detail for any Recall, right click the row in the Recalls list and use the "Details" menu, or use the "Action - Details" button:
A popup will appear for the selected recall, displaying more details about it, including a link to check the NHTSA website for information about this exact vehicle, based on it's VIN:
You may need to take action with a large number of Recalls at once. The "Action" button will help you with this. Just check the recalls for which you want to take action, then use the "Action" button:
Please note that:
- A Recall must be in "Needs Action" status for it's status to be changed to "Acknowledged" or to create an issue from it. Otherwise, action will be ignored for this Recall during execution of the Bulk Action.
- A Recall must be in "Acknowledged" status for it's status to be changed to "Mark as Needs Action". Otherwise, action will be ignored for this Recall during execution of the Bulk Action.